Photobucket

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Crawfish Berrrl

Photobucket
You know you want some of dat!  Oh my, was this stuff goood!  I hadn't had a crawfish boil in years and that is my all time favorite food.  My Uncle Donald boiled over 100 pounds of crawfish and it fed a good amount of people.  It was so much fun and I just love to be in the country-- you can just run buck wild, get as drunk as you want (just kidding), play as much kick the can and murder, and be as sweaty and barefoot as you want, and have dance offs,  and tell as many "yo mama" jokes as you want and don't forget nonstop good eatin'!  I guess you can say this was the best crawfish boil I had been to and every one was laughing so hard and it was just pee-in-yo pants kind of fun (there were at least three of us).  Gotta love my cajun family!

Photobucket
Oh and my favorite yo mama joke of the night was from my little cousin, Lexie:
"Yo mama so fat, it took her 2 hours to watch a 25 minute television program."

Happy yo Mama's Day y'all!

The following is a side by side picture of my cousin, Gregory, and Freddie.  Tell me if you think they look a like... Cajun Freddie vs. White Bean Freddie? HAHAHAHA


Photobucket

3 comments:

Sarah said...

hey is that song i cant help falling in love with you dedicated to anita dunham. hah remember her?

how you gonna put that picture of all dat crawfish on dare. mmmm i want some yummy!

love ya!

Emily C said...

laura, you are such a good little blogger. always great pictures, and you are such a good story teller. and you can alwys tell that you are so upbeat, positive and happy. i miss you so much. i wish you would move down to so cal.

laura, seriously you're photos are stunning. i love taht crawfish pot pic.

i wish i was there to eat good food with all the cajun cousins. i love it there so much.

miss you and love you

chaela said...

Laura I love this. I can tell you are totally in your element!! I miss you, though, make sure you come back from your adventures okay???