Photobucket

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Twenty One!

Wow what can I say? I really had such a great birthday!  I'll do a run down of what happened that day...


7:00 am
I wake up and walk out my room and there are streamers every where and my room mates had made me breakfast, which included the fluffiest waffles ever, scrambled eggs, and ovaltine! yummm


8:00 am
I show up to my class and every one sings happy birthday to me while this girl in my class, Jenny, plays the guitar.  Haha my major is seriously hilarious-- we can do what ever we want. 

9:00 am
I get a call from my wonderful sister Emily.

11:00 am
Me and Freddie go to J- Dawgs where they have the most amazing hot dogs you will ever taste in your life.  It is definitely worth coming to Provo and trying these delicious dogs.


11:30 am
Me and Freddie head over to the creamery where freddie picks out my cake mixes for that night.

1:00 pm
I skip all of my classes and took a nap... totally worth it.


7:00 pm
Me and a few of my freinds go out to dinner at the Pizza Factory, where I had never been before and i loved it!  They actually give you a free pizza for your birthday shaped as your age.

Add Video

9:00 pm
Me and a bunch of friends head over to the Tumbling Gym, which is the funnest place in Provo!  We had a blast!










10:30 pm
We head back over to my place for some delicious funfetti birthday cake!






I have made some really wonderful friends since I have been out here in Provo and I am so incredibly blessed.  I don't know what I would do with out them!  It's also so nice to have Freddie around and I can't wait for my little sister Amy to come out here next year!


Also this week I had my first prep class for study abroad in London.  Here are some of the pictures they showed us of the London Center... I just got even more excited to do this once in a lifetime experience.  We learned a lot about the history of England and its surrounding countries in the prep class and I found it all so fascinating and it felt so good to learn about these kinds of things other than technology stuff.  All in all, I am so excited!!













4 comments:

Emily C said...

hello beautiful birthday girl!! you're bday looked like a blast! and i think that tumbling gym looks awesome!! i hope you know how much you are loved. you are such a sweet and wonderful sister and friend. i'm so excited for you to study abroad in london. you are gonna have the time of your life this summer. i wish i could visit you there. oh well, maybe in another lifetime. i'm almost done making you your bday present, hopefully i will have it in the mail this week. love ya!

p.s. which of the cakes did freddie actually make? b/c they both looked surprisingly good. hahaha. good job dodo

Chelsey Meier said...

Happy Birthday Laura!!! I've definitely been thinking about birthday week in our apartment! Such fun times.I'm so glad you were my roommate. I learned so much from you! I have so much respect for you! I lived with you for two years and I honestly couldn't say anything bad about you. You are the most genuine good hearted person and I love you! I'm so excited for you to go to LONDON! YAY!

Marci said...

YAY for birthdays! I love you girl and I am so glad I got to help you celebrate!

Anonymous said...

8:10 am March 6: Mom's writing the date on the board in her homeroom and GASPS for air as she realizes she forgot to call Laura on her b-day the day before. She grabs her heart racing to her desk to get her cell phone while the class repeatedly asks, "what's the matter...what happened", but teacher lady can't talk, she's still trying to breathe. Agh...no cell phone...left at home...tears start, but she gets a grip to begin her review of linear equations, never daring to tell them what I had forgotten. Just too painful.

Sorry, Laura...I remembered at the beginning of the week and then my midterms and 2 papers were due and I had a night class that night. I'm glad you were so kind when I got a hold of you Friday night. These pictures make me feel a bit better knowing you have so many friends that love you and gave you a great day.

Love ya lots!